Sunday, April 17, 2011

Motor Mouth


I've read all of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum mysteries, and they are always good for a fun and fast mystery.  But I'd never read any of her other books, and decided to give "Motor Mouth" a try when I found it at the library.  Her heroine, Barnaby, is a mechanic on a NASCAR driver's crew, and finds herself embroiled in a wild series of events.  While trying to help a friend, she discovers a dead body, which leads to stealing a truck, which leads to discovering new, coveted computer chip technology that can change racing, which leads to ... Well, you get the idea.  There is more silliness than actual serious plot, but the story rolls along in such an entertaining way that I didn't mind.  Yep, you have to suspend your disbelief a bit, but it's worth it for the sheer escapist fun.

This was a good sunny weather read.  I'm going to go see if there are other Barnaby mysteries, since I think this wasn't the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment