Friday, June 15, 2012

I Love Michael Gallagher

No, that's not the title of a book.  It's my declaration to the world of how utterly, totally grateful I am to this fellow.  Why, you ask?

Every day, our beloved Michael Gallagher trolls the pages of Amazon.com in search of free books for the Kindle.  And every day, he posts links to five or six free books on his blog, Free Kindle Books and Tips.  It's amazing, really, what a service Michael (may I call you Michael? Since we're so close?) provides to those of us Kindle-owning readers. 

If you own a Kindle, you'll want to check this out.  I've downloaded quite a few free books, thanks to Michael.  Did I mention that he only lists ones that show 4 or 5 stars on Amazon?  So he's not only helpful but he's discriminating, too.  I'll confess that a few I've read have been duds, and I've learned once I follow the link from Michael's blog to the Amazon page to a) verify that it's free; and b) look at who publishes it and c) see if there are reviews or comments from any magazines, known authors, or anyone else with credibility.  It's the self-published ones I've learned to watch out for.  That and the "Christian fiction" -- but of course, your tastes may differ and you may be hunting for Christian fiction.

But, as an avid library user, I pull books off of the shelves to try all of the time when I've never heard of the author.  So this isn't any different... except I have the fun of knowing that in one small, neat Kindley package, I have scads of reading material of all types.

Thank you, dear Michael.   



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link Diane. Another way to find freebies! Did you know you don't need a Kindle machine for these? You can download a Kindle app for a phone or computer from Amazon and take advantage of the free books in Kindle format that way. Spreading the love!

    ReplyDelete